Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the YALI RLC Southern Africa Education Change Makers Programme 2020 [Fully-funded]. The full application details for the YALI RLC Southern Africa Education Change Makers Programme can be accessed below.
YALI RLC Southern Africa Education Change Makers Programme
Applications for the YALI RLC Southern Africa Education Change Makers Programme 2020 are now open. The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality.
The programme implementation will be completed in two phases:
- Four weeks of intensive classroom training focused on foundational leadership skills and the application of business and public institution management tools for the education sector.
- Six months of post-graduation coaching and mentoring. The programme will also include site visits and live case studies using highly interactive methodologies.
- Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Young leaders, ages (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries and the African continent
- Involvement and/or experience in the Education sector
- Nationals of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
The programme encourages applications from:
- Young African Leaders in the education sector i.e. principals, teachers, education enterprises or nonprofits, and policymakers
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
How to Apply
Applicants who have met the above-listed criteria should click here to apply.