Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Women in Engineering (WomEng) South Africa Fellowships 2019. The full application details for the Women in Engineering (WomEng) South Africa Fellowships can be accessed below.
Women in Engineering (WomEng) South Africa Fellowships
Women in Engineering (WomEng) is a multi-award winning social enterprise working since 2006 to develop the next generation of women in engineering leaders in society.
The fellowship is a leadership, employability, innovation and entrepreneurship program for the best and brightest female students in engineering, technology and the built environment to find solutions to global challenges. WomEng Fellows are equipped with critical skills for the future of work and skills to start up their own business.
A key component of Fellowship is the Innovation Challenge. It allows Fellows to accelerate their next generation ideas towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), more commonly known as “The Global Goals” – 17 Goals to be achieved by 2030. WomEng Fellows are challenged to come up with engineering and technology business ideas that will contribute to the realization of one or more of the Global Goals.
- Exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, employability and innovation skills.
- Develop a business idea that can be scaled through incubation.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Grow your professional network.
- Applications are open to female engineering, technology, and built environment students currently studying full-time at a South African University or the University of Technology.
- Applicants must be in their second last to the final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must commit to attending the full program from 03 – 06 July 2019 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Ex-Fellows are not eligible to apply.
- Complete the application form online here. Applications must be completed online. It is recommended that responses are completed offline first as you cannot save your application and return. You can download the questions here.
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is Sunday, 19 May 2019, 23h59 SAST.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted by June 2019.
- WomEng covers all costs related to participation in the program including travel to Johannesburg, accommodation, food, and facilitation during the program. You will be required to pay a nominal fee of R725 if selected. This is to avoid “no-shows” as there is a high demand for places.. WomEng has made provision for a small number of subsidies. This is provided on an individual needs analysis basis.
- Further details regarding the program logistics and planning will be communicated directly to the successful applicants.
- The WomEng Team looks forward to welcoming the Top Fellows to Johannesburg, South Africa in July 2019.
How to Apply for WomEng South Africa Fellowships
Candidates who have met the above-listed criteria should Click here to apply.
Application Deadline: Sunday, 19 May 2019, 23h59 SAST.