The Western Sydney University is inviting applications from undergraduate students for the Western Sydney International Scholarships 2019/2020 to study in Australia.
Western Sydney University is offering $7,500 and $5,000 scholarships to new international students enrolling in undergraduate coursework programs at Western Sydney University in Spring 2019 and in 2020.
Western Sydney University International Scholarships Eligibility
Scholarships are granted on academic achievement in a completed Year 12 qualification or equivalent recognised by Western Sydney University for admission.
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 500)
- commence a new course of study in Spring 2019 or 2020 for the first time
- be studying in a CRICOS registered undergraduate degree program
- satisfy the academic eligibility requirements for either the $7,500 or $5,000 multi-year scholarship
- satisfy all other admission requirements and accept their admission offer.
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Western Sydney University
- do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred
- are granted more than 160 credit points in advanced standing. (Note: In the event of advanced standing, the scholarship will apply to the reduced duration of the course and will not exceed the annual value of the scholarship in any one year of full-time study.)
- study less than 80 credit points to complete the course
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University.
Note: Students applying via the Western Sydney University’s articulation pathway partners will be considered for a scholarship according to marginally different criteria.
Field of Study: All CRICOS registered undergraduate degrees excluding courses subject to strict quotas. Courses with quotas include Doctor of Medicine, Bachelor of Nursing and Bachelor of Nursing (Graduate Entry). All at Western Sydney University
Value and Duration of Award
- $7,500 per year contribution towards tuition fees (up to three years maximum) or
- $5,000 per year contribution towards tuition fees (up to three years maximum)
The value awarded will be dependent on your level of academic achievement in previous studies.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
How to Apply for Western Sydney University International Scholarships
No application is necessary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for a scholarship. If you are successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your Offer of Admission letter.
For more information, visit the Western Sydney University International Scholarships.
Application Deadline: Ongoing