Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the United Nations Office for SouthSouth Cooperation (UNOSSC) Digital Communication Internship 2019. The full application details for the McCain Foods Graduate Internship Programme can be accessed below.
UNOSSC Digital Communication Internship
Applications are open for the United Nations Office for SouthSouth Cooperation (UNOSSC) Digital Communication Internship 2019. UNOSSC has established this internship programme for young professionals interested in strengthening their understanding of United Nations, UNOSSC, its mandate, mission and its work within and outside the United Nations System.
The UNOSSC internship programme provides professional enrichment for young professionals, enhancing their leadership and professional skills as well as broadening their global perspectives. UNOSSC’s Digital Communications Intern is responsible for developing high impact communications materials for the Office. This internship requires strategic thinking with the ability to deliver consistently high quality, well-written, thought-provoking materials under pressure and tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected intern will
- Draft, implement and evaluate a digital strategy for UNOSSC current and future social media channels
- Provide assistance in curating, producing and presenting stories, images and videos in UNOSSC’s web content management system
- Review and edit web stories, headlines and captions, ensure consistency across languages
- Work with content providers to research or rewrite material from the standpoint of reader interest, clarity, political sensitivity, thoroughness and accuracy as well as relevance to UNOSSC’s focus areas
- Assist in reviewing translations in English, proofreading and reformulating if necessary for optimal web presentation
- Provide support and ensure consistency across UNOSS’s various units, including creating trainings for staff as needed
- Support internal communication needs
- Assist with other related tasks as needed
- Applicant should have understanding of strategic communication and how it can contribute to the achievement of specific development goals;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Ability to engage with partners and forge productive working relationships;
- Familiarity with global development issues and the world of the UN;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Attention to detail is crucial;
- Responsible, responsive, and enthusiastic;
- Demonstrated knowledge of content management systems, social media campaigns, creating digital communication material such as videos, photo stories, articles, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Qualified/suitable intern from the field of communication for development, journalism, communications, sustainable development, social science, or related field with the following academic qualifications: (a) enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); graduated with a university degree as defined in (a) and (b) above and, if selected, must start the internship within one year after the graduation.
- Experience in communications required;
- Experience creating content for the web and/or managing different media platforms desirable;
- Experience with photo and video editing desirable
- Familiar with international development/relations desirable;
- Familiarity with the UN system in general and/or with South-South development cooperation in particular is an asset.
- Proficiency in English;
- Knowledge of the other five official languages of the UN (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) would be an asset.
- Internships within the UN system are unpaid and subject to conditions with which applicants should become familiar with prior to signing an internship agreement.
- UNOSSC accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions;
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment within the UN System, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
How to Apply for UNOSSC Digital Communication Internship
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.
For more information, visit UNOSSC Digital Communication Internship.