The University of Cape Town (UCT) online application for 2021 has commenced. So we’ll bring you the breakdown of the University of Cape Town (UCT) admission application process.
The management of the University of Cape Town (UCT) is inviting applications for interested and suitably qualified students (Local and International) for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for the 2021 academic year.
Before applying, see the University of Cape Town courses available for the 2021 admission.
How to Apply to the University of Cape Town
The University of Cape Town 2021 application can be done in either of two ways: hardcopy or online.
Applications for admission in 2021 is ongoing until 31 July for all undergraduate programmes.
Applicants who need financial assistance must submit their applications on the NSFAS online application system. All applications close on 30 November 2020. NSFAS applications must be completed at http://www.nsfas.org.za/content/how-to-apply.html.
Applications for postgraduate programmes containing coursework mostly close on 31 October, with the exception of a few programmes and faculties which start to close from May onward. Please refer to the 2021 Directions for Postgraduate Applicants for the relevant closing dates.
Applications for research-only postgraduate programmes do not close. Please select the year in which you wish to start your programme when applying.
Before applying, I recommend you download UCT prospectus for the 2021 admission.
University of Cape Town (UCT) Online Application
You may apply online. In order to apply online you will need a working email address and your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application by printing the forms from the links below, and sending them to the Admissions Office at the address indicated on the right.
University of Cape Town (UCT) Hardcopy Application
Things to note before applying with a hardcopy form:
- Postgraduate applicants cannot apply using a hardcopy form.
- There is a separate hardcopy application form for Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Fine Art applicants.
- Make sure you attach all required documents to your application form.
- You can use the 2021 Directions for Undergraduate Applicants booklet as a guide when completing your application form.
- Need accommodation? Be sure to mark this on your application form.
- Take note of the different addresses to send your application form to, if you are an Architecture, Fine Art or Health Sciences applicant.
UCT Application Fees 2021
All applicants from SA and the SADC region will need to pay an application fee of R100. Applicants from outside the SADC region are required to pay an application fee of R300.
Download UCT admission form
- Download UCT Undergraduate Application Form.
- UCT Bachelor of Arts Application Form.
- Download UCT Bachelor of Architectural Studies Application Form.
Where to Submit the UCT Application Form?
In general, you can either submit your completed application form in person or to the following address:
The Admissions Office
University of Cape Town
c/o Bremner Building Lower Campus