Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the U.S. State Department Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for Economic Empowerment for MENA – Spring 2020 (Funded to the US). The full application details for the U.S. State Department Professional Fellows Program (PFP) can be accessed below.
U.S. State Department Professional Fellows Program (PFP)
Applications for the U.S. State Department Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for Economic Empowerment for MENA 2020 are now open. The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for Economic Empowerment MENA is a two-way exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance leadership and professional skills, and build lasting, sustainable partnerships between mid-level emerging leaders committed to strengthening their communities through social entrepreneurship and workforce development.
PFP Fellows are placed in intensive fellowships in non-profit organizations, private sector businesses, and government offices for an individually tailored professional development experience. They build a broad network with American and other program participant colleagues as they develop a deeper understanding of U.S. society, enhance their professional skills. American participants who have hosted foreign fellows travel overseas for participant-driven reciprocal programs. Since 2010 Legacy International has hosted more than 225 Professional Fellows from the countries of Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Kuwait, Morocco, Tunisia and Oman.
The program involves
- Pre and post program virtual exchange and online training activities
- 6-week US-based program including a business development and social entrepreneurship intensive with University Partner, four week Fellowship placement in businesses and/or offices in Washington, D.C. and One-week host family stay
- US professionals to visit the Fellows they hosted in the US, learn about their countries and cultures, and support their follow-on work
- Follow-on projects to be carried out by PFP Fellows after returning home, supported by mini-grants
- Legacy International and the US Department of State will cover all costs associated with your international travel, visa, and basic living costs in the U.S.
- Applications are open to:
- Entrepreneurs and Social Innovators.
- Small & medium business Owners and Managers who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs.
- Individuals working in Civil Society/NGOs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment.
- Individuals working in University incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
- Individuals working in Government Agencies/Ministries, national policy offices, think-tanks, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
- 25-38 years old at the time of application.
- A current citizen and resident of: Morocco or Tunisia
- Speak fluent to English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship)
- Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field
- Currently employed
- Interest in hosting a reciprocal program for Americans in your country
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government-funded program.
Spring Program: April 18 – May 29, 2020. Open to applicants from Morocco & Tunisia.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.