Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Transnet Apprenticeship Programme 2019/2020. The full application details for the Transnet Apprenticeship Programme can be accessed below.
Transnet Apprenticeship Programme
Transnet SOC Ltd is a large South African rail, port and pipeline company, headquartered in the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg. It was formed as a limited company on 1 April 1990. A majority of the company’s stock is owned by the Department of Public Enterprises, or DPE, of the South African government.
Ref No: HR / KZN / TPT / RCB / APPRENTICESHIP / 19 / 05 / 16 (must be written on the outside of the envelope for identification)
As part of our human capital development strategy, we are offering comprehensive bursaries to students to be trained as Artisans and Skilled Workers in the following trades and field.
- Fitters [x10]
- Electrician [x10]
- Millwright [x6]
- Diesel Mechanics [x10]
- Auto-Electricians [x4]
- Welder [x2]
- Grade 12 with a pass in Maths and Physical Science or
- Grade 12 Technical Matric with a pass in Maths and relevant trade subject
- N2 with relevant trade subjects will be an added advantage
- Code 8 Driver’s Licence will be an added advantage
Please take note of the following:
- South African citizens studying towards these trades or related fields without any other bursary obligation
- and with outstanding achievements are encouraged to apply
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment equity policy and Recruitment and Selection policy.
- All training will be done in Durban. Please note that NO accommodation & / transport assistance will be provided
- Only posted applications will be accepted.
- Preference will be given to youth from local communities.
- Please accept that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within one month of the closing date of the advertisement.
How to Apply for Transnet Apprenticeship Programme
Interested candidates should send a cover letter indicating the choice of trade, CV, a certified copy of relevant qualification(s) and certified copy of ID document to Transnet Engineering via the following postal address: RECRUITMENT MANAGER, TRANSNET ENGINEERING, PO BOX 951, DURBAN, 4000
Application Deadline: 30th May 2019