Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for The Wall Street Journal Podcast Internship – Summer 2020 [Paid-position]. The full application details for the The Wall Street Journal Podcast Internship can be accessed below.
The Wall Street Journal Podcast Internship – Summer
Applications are open for the Wall Street Journal Podcast Internship – Summer 2020. The Wall Street Journal internship program is an opportunity for college juniors and seniors and graduate students to be fully immersed in WSJ’s Pulitzer Prize-winning newsroom, working with some of the best journalists in the world.
The 10-week internship program offers hands-on work experience and one-on-one mentorship, plus orientation and tailored training sessions. Interns are treated like full-time staff members and are encouraged to pitch their own stories and projects. The summer 2019 interns reported front-page news, created interactive graphics, edited photo projects, wrote colorful features, produced videos, curated and published WSJ’s journalism across platforms, and much more.
The Wall Street Journal’s podcast internship is based in New York City and designed for students who intend to pursue a career in audio journalism. The audio intern’s primary duties will include supporting the production of editorially sound and compelling audio for WSJ’s podcasts, as well as publishing and promotion of shows both on the WSJ platform and off-platform. You should have a strong interest in domestic and international news, as well as business and financial news.
- Interns are paid $900 per week, and they help with the cost of public transportation. They do not provide housing, but they can help point you in the right direction.
- Open to college juniors and seniors and graduate students
- You should have the following skills:
- Strong scriptwriting, with an emphasis on writing for the ear
- Audio producing, recording and editing experience, ideally in Pro Tools
- Comfort researching, finding and securing archival audio
- Basic understanding of podcast formats and delivery methods
- Social media savvy
- Great communication and organizational skills
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and no more than five samples of your work. (You may include links for work samples.) Only complete applications will be considered.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.