Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals 2020 [Fully-funded]. The full application details for the Swedish Institute Scholarships can be accessed below.
Swedish Institute Scholarships Programme
The applications for the fully-funded Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals have opened. An estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s degree studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2020. The competition for SI scholarships is very high. Usually, 2-6 % of the applicants are awarded a SISGP scholarship. The institute recommends that the applicants should also look for other scholarship opportunities from their government, from organizations in their country, or from Swedish universities.
The students will receive the following advantages if they receive the Swedish Institute Scholarships
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by the Swedish Institute(SI)
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000
- Additionally, the applicants will also get insurance against illness and accident
- Also, they will get a membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help the candidate grow professionally and build his/her network while in Sweden
- Furthermore, the candidates will receive membership of the SI Alumni Network after scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
Purpose of the scholarship
- The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live.
- Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals with academic qualifications, demonstrated work and leadership experience as well as with an ambition to make a difference.
The interested candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to become a part of the Swedish Institute Scholarships program
- The candidates must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment/work experience
- Also, the candidate should have demonstrated leadership experience from their current or previous employment.
- Additionally, the master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships.
- Furthermore, applicants should pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, and have to follow the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 3 April 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified students should visit the official page to apply.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2020