Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the SSP High-school Scholarship in South Africa. The full application details for the SSP High-school Scholarship can be accessed below.
SSP High-school Scholarship
The Student Sponsorship Program Organization is providing the SSP High-school program to remove the financial hindrance for highly-motivated students.
The purpose of the program is to support domestic applicants who are going to enrol in the high-school program for the year 2020 in South Africa.
The Student Sponsorship Programme is a non-profit trust that was established in 2000. It provides educational opportunities to talented South African learners from low-income homes to attend the best secondary schools in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal and the Eastern Cape.
Why should you join this program? SSP’s vision is to develop leaders for South Africa who are committed to the creation of a non-racist, non-sexist, democratic, united, and prosperous South Africa as articulated in the South African Constitution.
- University or Organization: Student Sponsorship Program Organization
- Department: NA
- Course Level: High-school
- Award: Tuition and other stipends
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Citizens of South Africa
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: South Africa.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: High-school degree in any subject area offered by the institution.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Only students who are South African citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply.
- The school fees are R4500 or less per year.
- The total monthly household income does not exceed R7500.
- You live & attend school in the Free State, Western, Eastern or Northern Cape.
- You are/will be 21yrs or younger in your matric year
- How to Apply: For being enlisted in the program, aspirants are needed to register in the high-school program at the college. After that, you are eligible to apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach your transcripts and proof of permanent residency.
- Admission Requirements: Students have to meet the following requirements:
- Your average mark (all subjects) is 50% or above.
- Applicant must be in Grade 6 this year (2019) to apply
- A minimum of 70% in English and mathematics
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be known with the South African language.
Each successful scholar will get the following:
- School uniforms
- Sports gear
- Educational excursions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.