The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) online application for 2020 has commenced. So we’ll bring you the breakdown of the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) admission application process.
The management of the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) is inviting applications for interested and suitably qualified students (Local and International) for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for the 2020 academic year.
Before applying, see the Sefako Makgatho University courses available for the 2020 admission.
How to Apply to the Sefako Makgatho University
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University 2020 application can be done both online and offline. However, online applications are currently limited to undergraduate qualifications for South African and International applicants who have written or are studying towards the National Senior Certificate (NSC) and Independent Examinations Board (IEB) certificate or studying at other South African Universities.
Before applying, I recommend you download the Sefako Makgatho University prospectus for the 2020 admission.
You may apply online. In order to apply online you will need a working email address and a functional cell phone number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
Once you’ve completed the online application, you don’t need to send hardcopy application. Hardcopy application is available on campus for those who don’t have access to the internet connection.
Applications open on 11 March 2019 and the closing dates are as follows:
- Friday, 28 June 2019: MBChB, B Radiography, B Dental Surgery, B Dental Therapy, B Pharmacy, BSc Physio
- Friday, 26 July 2019: B Sc, BSc Diet, B Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, B Occ Therapy, B Oral Hygiene, B Nursing Sciences.
Things to note before applying:
a. Complete the application accurately and fully.
b. Write your names the same as they appear in your identity/passport document.
c. Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees (if applicable)
d. Complete the residence section (if applicable).
e. Pay the non-refundable application fee of R200.00 and send proof of payment. Use your ID/ passport/ student number generated by the system when making payment.
Upload Supporting Document
Please remember to upload the following certified and individually scanned documents:
- Copy of your ID/passport document (compulsory).
- Copy of your final Grade 11 results or Grade 12 June results or your National Senior/Matric/ IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12).
- Copy of your degree certificate(s) and academic record(s) (if you attended other universities). d. Copy of your marriage certificate/divorce decree (if applicable).
- Proof of non-refundable application fee payment of R200.
Banking Details are as follows:
Account name: Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
Bank name: Standard Bank
Account no.: 071244395
Branch no.: 020909
Reference no.: Your ID/ Passport number/ Student number
Where to Submit the SMU Application Form?
To apply for admission at the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, simply print the form and post it back with the required documentation, and signatures to:
The Registrar Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
P. O. Box 60
- Your application will not be processed if you have not submitted all the required applicable documentation mentioned above.
- If you have not submitted the required documentation within a period of two months, unfortunately your application will not be considered.
- The University receives more applications than it can accommodate and meeting admissions requirements does not guarantee admission.
- There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
- All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students. Applications for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate or High Commissioner in your country of residence/origin, and it would be issued in favour of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University and to be submitted during registration.
- Application forms submitted after the closing dates will not be considered.