Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Sibanye Stillwater Learnership Programme 2022/2023. The full application details for the Sibanye Stillwater Learnership Programme can be accessed below.
Sibanye Stillwater Learnership Programme
Sibanye-Stillwater is a leading international precious metal mining company, with a diverse portfolio of platinum group metal (PGM) and gold operations and projects. We are the world’s largest primary producer of platinum, the second-largest primary producer of palladium and the third-largest producer of gold (on a gold-equivalent basis), as well as a significant producer of rhodium. We are also the leading global recycler and processor of spent PGM catalytic converter materials.
A limited number of positions are being offered to local community and labor sending areas for a full-time study and Learnership opportunity in line with the Sibanye-Stillwater’s business needs in the following discipline:
Learners acquiring this qualification will be equipped with the required competencies to supervise safe and efficient blasting and other associated mining activities in an underground environment.
A limited number of Learnership allocations will be awarded to employees for a full-time study opportunity in line with the Sibanye-Stillwater Beatrix Operation business needs.
Pre-screening, application verification and psychometric evaluation will form part of the selection process. All applicants will be subject to clearance screening by the South African Police Services as required by the National Explosives Act. Short-listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview and psychometric evaluation. Successful applicants will be notified in writing by SSA Management, while applicants who receive no response to their applications, may consider their application for the Learnership to be unsuccessful. Preference will be given to HDSA’s and certain requirements may be relaxed for female applicants as Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
The appointee should:
- Have a minimum Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Educational certificate, with pure Mathematics and English Communication, in order to be accepted onto the Blasting Certificate programme
- Achieve a psychometric evaluation outcome score of 3 or higher
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Applicants with the Highest aggregate in Pure Mathematics and English in Grade 12
- Applicants who achieve a psychometric evaluation outcome score of 4 or higher
- Shortlisted applicants will need to undergo an interview process, psychometric assessment and screening, which will be considered during the allocation of learnerships.
- The selection process will not be delayed to accommodate applicants whose screening process is delayed for whatsoever reason.
- Applicants must upload a CV, certified (SAPS) copies of ID and qualifications online.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection
- All foreign qualifications must have SAQA verification
How to Apply
Location:Driefontein and Beatrix