Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the SAPPI Bursary Scholarship Programme 2020. The full application details for the SAPPI Bursary Scholarship Programme can be accessed below.
SAPPI Bursary Scholarship Programme
Sappi Limited, originally incorporated as South African Pulp and Paper Industries Limited in 1936, is a South African pulp and paper company with global operations.
Bursary opportunity: 2020 Applications are now open!
Sappi invites Matriculants or current undergraduate students who are interested in the Sappi bursary scheme to apply for the following study fields:
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechatronics
- Bachelor of Science – Forestry and Wood Sciences
- National Diploma – Pulp and Paper
Sappi offers bursaries covering tuition, registration, books, residence and living allowances.
The total value of the bursary depends on the household income situation of the bursar.
Who May Apply
South African citizens studying or intending to study full time at South African accredited universities.
The bursary is for school leavers and current university students aged between 18 and 25 years.
- Matric results: Mathematics 70% (no Maths Literacy), Physical Science 70%, English 60%.
- University results for current undergraduate students: Average of 70%.
Please attach the following documentation:
- A copy of your matric certificate and any other academic qualifications you may have
- Proof of your registration or provisional registration at an academic institution
- A copy of your academic record to date
- A recent curriculum vitae (CV)
- A copy of your South African identity document
- Proof of income or an affidavit stating your total household income.
Please note that preference will be given to applicants who live in areas adjacent to our main business operations.
Important note: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and asked to complete psychometric assessments. Please complete all fields on this application to the best of your ability before submitting as the information will guide our decision.
How to Apply for SAPPI Bursary Scholarship Programme
Interested and qualified applicants should Click here to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will receive feedback.