Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the SAB Foundation Tholoana Enterprise Programme for South African 2019. The full application details for the SAB Foundation Tholoana Enterprise Programme can be accessed below.
SAB Foundation Tholoana Enterprise Programme
THE SAB FOUNDATION’S THOLOANA ENTERPRISE PROGRAMME IS A WRAP-AROUND SOLUTION SUPPORTING THE GROWTH OF YOUR BUSINESS.
The programme runs for up-to two years and follows a carefully designed and well-proven method. This has delivered exceptional results time and again across many business sectors.The support package includes extensive entrepreneurial skills development, mentorship and access to tools and templates. Connection to peers around the country, as well as access to markets and finance make this an exciting and successful programme.
The SAB Foundation is especially keen to create opportunities for entrepreneurs with disabilities, who are strongly encouraged to apply. Similarly, applications are welcome from businesses working in new and/or growing sectors such as export, manufacturing, food processing, water, energy and waste management.
The Tholoana Enterprise Programme challenges participants to make changes and professionalize their business by thinking, planning and acting differently. This level of change requires the full commitment of the entrepreneur to enable solid growth as opposed to “quick-fix” solutions.
Business support is offered for:
• Businesses in their early developmental phase (does not have to be registered yet)
• Registered businesses in their growth phase
• The business is black-owned* and managed.
• The business is operational.
• The business is headquartered and registered (if applicable), within the South African borders.
• The business should be a going concern, commercially sustainable and viable.
• The applicant is involved in the business’s daily operations and management on a full time basis, and are not employed by any other organisation.
• The applicant has the skills and experience necessary for the type of business you’re engaged in.
• The business is in the early stages of growth (older than six months and no more than five years)
In 2019 we will be recruiting an additional 70 high-potential businesses to take up this life-changing opportunity. The focus areas of the 2019 programme include:
• Enterprises run by or benefitting people with disabilities
• Women and youth-owned businesses
• Peri-urban and rural enterprises• Enterprises that create jobs in areas with few other opportunities
In addition, we are keen to identify enterprises with good long-term growth potential, and high-impact for example: pontential for job creation.
• Export potential and/or import substitution
• Growth sectors- Water, energy and waste sector- Education (excluding early childhood development sector)- Technology- Agro-processing
• Identified growth areas e.g. Saldhana, Lephalale
1. Participate fully in all workshops, peer groups and programme intervention.
2. Complete all baseline and yearly surveys as requested, for a period of five years.
3. Submit monthly business data – including simple online financial reports.
4. Regularly engage with mentors, ensuring that you utilise their knowledge and support.
5. Meet all milestones agreed upon.
6. Maintain open, two-way communications (including any concerns and suggestions) with our friendly team.
7. Share ideas, think big, and help yourself, and others to succeed
SEVEN ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAMME
1. Business skills workshops: Compulsory
2. Mentoring and coaching: Compulsory
3. E-Learning programme: Compulsory
4. Nip ‘n Tuck interventions: Compulsory
5. Access to resources: Compulsory
6. Performance indicators: Compulsory
7. Peer to peer community and networking: Compulsory
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.