Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the POSCO Visiting Fellowship Programme 2022/2023. The full application details for the POSCO Visiting Fellowship Programme can be accessed below.
POSCO Visiting Fellowship Programme
POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program by East-West Center, USA 2022-23 is open for International Students. The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of Korean studies taught at East-West Center.
POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program by East-West Center, USA 2022-23 is available to undertake Research level programs.
Following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Korean studies
Students will be provided with a stipend and round-trip economy airfare between their home base and Honolulu.
Students are required to give one seminar, prepare a high-quality paper to be submitted for publication, and join in East-West Center activities. Fellows may also be asked to participate in local outreach and public diplomacy activities. Proposals for cost-shared fellowships are welcomed.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following:
- Application form
- A cover letter indicating the research theme or project for which the applicant is applying
- Curriculum vitae, which may be circulated among East-West Center staff (For security purposes, please do not include any personal information—e.g., birthdate, social security numbers, and/or passport number.)
- Names of three referees, including full name, title, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address
- Research proposal (3 to 5 pages), which should do the following:
- Set out the issue or issues of the proposed investigation
- Describe the research method
- State the relationship of the proposed study to ongoing work in the area
- Explain how the proposed study can advance regional development and cooperation
- Propose the duration of fellowship required, the expected time that the applicant can be in residence at the East-West Center
- Describe the anticipated publication product