Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Policy Leader Fellowship of the School of Transnational Governance at EUI 2020 for Policy Professionals [Fully-funded]. The full application details for the Policy Leader Fellowship can be accessed below.
Details of Policy Leader Fellowship
Applications are open for the Policy Leader Fellowship 2020. The School of Transnational Governance (STG) at the European University Institute (EUI) is offering fellowships to early- and mid- career policy professionals for the academic year 2020-2021.
The Policy Leader Fellowship of the School of Transnational Governance provides a unique opportunity for policy professionals from around the world to further develop their policy work and professional skills whilst participating in workshops, training and skills development sessions, conferences and other events, in addition to interacting with the other fellows, policy makers and the academic community at the EUI.
The fellowships last for 5 (fixed term in the first or second semester) or 10 months (fixed term from September to June). Fellows must live in the area of Florence for the duration of their fellowship. The language of the programme is English.
The EUI is a unique international centre for research and teaching, situated in Florence, Italy. The School of Transnational Governance delivers teaching and high-level training in the methods, knowledge, skills and practice of governance beyond the state. The STG, founded in 2017, brings the worlds of academia and policy-making together in an effort to navigate a context, both inside and outside Europe, where policy-making increasingly transcends national borders. The STG Policy Leaders Fellowship is a global programme at a global institution.
- The fellowships are fully-funded with a grant of € 2,500 per month.
- Fellows must live in the area of Florence for the duration of their fellowship.
- A family allowance is available where appropriate.
- Fellows (but not their families) receive reimbursement for the incoming trip from their place of origin to Florence, and for the outgoing trip to their destination at the end of their fellowship.
- First-class rail (travel by car is also reimbursed on this basis)
- Economy class air fare
- The maximum amount for travel reimbursement amounts to €1,200 including both incoming and outgoing trip. Taxi expenses are not reimbursed.
The fellowship is open to applications from anywhere in the world, regardless of nationality. EU citizenship is not required. There is no maximum or minimum age limit.
- Early- or mid-career professionals (e.g. in politics, civil service, media and non-governmental organisations), able to demonstrate both professional experience and potential for future excellence in the policy sphere.
- Genuinely engaged individuals involved in policy issues, especially those related to transnational governance.
- Self-motivated, able to present a clear work plan for the fellowship to show what the applicant will achieve and how this work will have a ‘multiplier’ effect after the fellowship.
- Curious and engaged contributors. Fellows are expected to be part of the EUI community on a daily basis and to participate in peer discussions on topics which may be beyond their expertise.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Applications have to be submitted through the Online Application Form. There are no paper forms to complete or to mail – hard copy or e-mail applications will not be accepted.
There are two distinct phases in the application process:
1. Register your application
2. Submit your application by 22 January 2020 (12:00 noon CET)
Once you have registered your application you may continue to work on the application details and attachments until the deadline. Submit the application only when you have filled in all the information correctly and have successfully uploaded the final version of the attachments.
After submission, it will not be possible to update or modify your application.
How to Apply for Policy Leader Fellowship
Interested applicants should click here to apply.