Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship 2020 [Fully-funded]. The full application details for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship can be accessed below.
Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship Programme
Oxford University said Business School is offering a 1+1 Masters-MBA program for the academic session of 2020. This is an opportunity for talented individuals to combine a Master’s degree from selected Oxford University departments with a one-year MBA. As the global business environment becomes increasingly complex and interconnected, this powerful combination allows you to gain deep knowledge and expertise in your specialist fields, as well as developing a comprehensive understanding of business, exceptional leadership skills and practical experience. Also, students of the 1+1 MBA program can apply for the fully-funded Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship.
Established in 2014, the Pershing Square Foundation awards up to six full scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master’s degree and the MBA year. Recipients are exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the potential and commitment to finding scalable and sustainable solutions to world-scale social challenges. Candidates can pursue any of the partnering Master’s degrees and combine it with the MBA.
The recipients of the fully funded Pershing Square Scholarship at Oxford will receive an exemption from the tuition fee of the 1+1 MBA program. The tuition fee of the 1+1 MBA program for the academic session of 2020-2021 is £59,490. Further, the university will also provide at least £15,009 towards living expenses for both years of study.
Oxford University considers a candidate eligible for the 2020 Pershing Square Scholarship if they show:
- Excellent academic achievement demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, previous university prizes and awards, and other academic achievements
- Likewise, scholars should demonstrate leadership potential demonstrated through experience and motivation
- Also, the scholar should have a strong personal character, integrity, and commitment
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organization or through the development of a new enterprise
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfill your objectives
How to Apply for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship
Each of the partnering Master’s programs has its own application form, deadlines, and requirements. Hence, for Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship, applicants must, at first, apply for the 1+1 MBA. When submitting the 1+1 MBA application form applicants must mention for the Pershing Square Scholarship consideration.
Further, the candidates must submit an essay in the application form of no more than 500 words addressing the question:
‘How do you intend to change the world? What does this tell us about you as a person?’
The selection committee will assess the applications and shortlist the candidates for the interview.
Candidates admitted to the 1+1 MBA program may only apply for the fully-funded Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship. Hence, candidates should apply for the program by 10 January 2020.