Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the National Oilwell Varco (NOV) Apprenticeship Programme 2020. The full application details for the NOV Apprenticeship Programme can be accessed below.
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) Apprenticeship Programme
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a reputable oil and gas industry firm in South Africa.
As a welding Apprentice to learn the trade of Welder, practical & theoretical, and to pass trade tests by on-the-job training and trade school.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be proficient with and have passed Matric
- Same practical work as specified under Trainee Welding Operator
- Complete theoretical & practical syllabus as per training modules
- Exposure to practical on-the-job training
- Must be able to pass theoretical and practical tests for the different levels as per training program
- Explanation of works instructions (shop docs) and facilitating workflow by reading of drawing details and executing the work instructions as per the work management system.
- Assisting in issuing of manufacturing processes.
- Effectively report any HSE or productivity issues through the correct channels
- Work to achieve high quality in the assembly and welding of component parts
- Be proficient in the use of all welding equipment used in the Fabrication Shop.
- Work to weekly production schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent achieving daily targets
- Interpret weld procedures, engineering drawings from sketches, materials and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost-effective solution without compromising quality or safety
- Maintain welder traceability
- Follow recognized procedures for issuing and returning of welding consumables from stores (rods, wire, flux)
- Notify the Supervisor of any mistakes, omissions or alterations necessary to drawings or bills of material
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
- Accurately complete details on timesheets/Kronos electronic timekeeping – return them to the Supervisor on completion of a job
- Participate in resolving assembly and production issues
- Complete regular preventive maintenance
- Report malfunctions to Maintenance as needed
- Maintain production area housekeeping 5S
- Minimize waste by using/disposing of raw materials and consumable items efficiently
How to Apply
- Click here to apply for the NOV Welder Apprenticeship Programme
- Click here to apply for the NOV Millwright Apprenticeship Programme
- Click here to apply for the NOV Turner Apprenticeship Programme
Location: Port Elizabeth