The Nelson Mandela University (NMU) online application for 2021 has commenced. So we’ll bring you the breakdown of the Nelson Mandela University (NMU) admission application process.
The management of the Nelson Mandela University (NMU) is inviting applications for interested and suitably qualified students (Local and International) for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for the 2021 academic year.
Before applying, see the Nelson Mandela University courses available for the 2021 admissions.
How to Apply to Nelson Mandela University
The Nelson Mandela University 2021 application can be done in either of two ways: hardcopy or online.
Before applying, I recommend you download the Nelson Mandela University prospectus for the 2020 admission.
Prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to join Nelson Mandela University in 2021 are invited to apply for a certificate, diploma or degree qualification by using our online application system which is now OPEN.
In order to ensure adequate time for application, processing and planning by the university and yourself, applications for early admission in 2021 should be submitted by 03 August 2020.
Applications may be considered after this date, provided that there is still space available in the course you wish to apply for, and on academic merit until 30 September 2020. In addition, places in some qualifications are limited, and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your application form and ALL supporting documentation by 03 August 2020.
You may apply online. In order to apply online you will need a working email address and a functional cell phone number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
Once you’ve completed the online application, you don’t need to send hardcopy application. Hardcopy application is available on campus for those who don’t have access to the internet connection.
Nelson Mandela University Hardcopy Application
The Nelson Mandela University paper application forms are available on campus. However, there are two different application forms; one for undergraduate applicants and the other for postgraduates.
Ensure all relevant supporting documents are attached before sending off your application form. There is non – refundable Application Fee R500.00 (International Students Only) for the Nelson Mandela University admissions.
- Download NMU Undergraduate application form.
- Download NMU Postgraduate application form.
Please do not send cash in the post and remember to attach a copy of the proof of payment to your application form. For reference purpose, it is advisable to keep the original proof of payment.
Where to Submit the NMU Application Form?
The Admissions Office
PO Box 77000
Nelson Mandela University
Your application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam report (No March results), or if you have already passed Grade 12, a certified copy of your matriculation certificate, or results as well as certified copies of diploma/degree certificates and academic records for postgraduate applications,
- a certified copy of your ID/Passport,
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.