Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Nedbank Graduate Internship Programme 2021. The full application details for the Nedbank Graduate Internship Programme can be accessed below.
Nedbank Graduate Internship Programme
Nedbank Group is one of the largest financial services groups in Africa offering wholesale and retail banking services as well as insurance, asset management, and wealth management solutions through its frontline clusters, namely Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, Nedbank Retail and Business Banking, Nedbank Wealth and the Rest of Africa. Nedbank Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nedbank Group.
To develop world class quantitative analysts through The Graduate Programme. To contribute to the development and maintenance of best practice models and assessment strategies in line with regulations (where applicable) in order to facilitate world class risk management.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Quants Training Programme by pro-actively participating in programme committees/structures (E.g. marketing committee, recruitment committee and social committee). This is called ‘programme involvement’. The objective of this participation is to enhance their personal and professional development
- Ensure business needs are met by engaging and assisting business through face to face interaction and attendance at forums and committees
- Assist the business to address queries by extracting and analysing data.
- Ensure continuity and knowledge base through documenting and recording processes and models.
- Ensure compliance to policy through data analysis and monitoring.
- Establish an understanding of processes by bridging the gap between operational and analytical concepts through communication.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in the field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers as well as sharing knowledge and industry trends with the team
Postgraduate degree (Honours) with majors in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Quantitative Risk Management, Applied Mathematics, Computer science (data-driven disciplines), Engineering (core focus on the computer, software and information security engineering), Quantitative Analytics, Financial engineering
Postgraduate degree (Honours) or Masters Degree with majors in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Quantitative Risk Management, Applied Mathematics
Type of Exposure
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Analysing situations or data that requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Developing ways to minimize risks
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Interacting with diverse people
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Interacting with various levels of management
- Managing multiple projects
Minimum Experience Level
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Business writing skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Quantitative Skills
- Applied Learning
- Earning Trust
- Stress Tolerance
- Driving for results
- Continuous Improvement
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above-listed criteria should Click here to apply.
Location: Johannesburg, ZA