Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the National Research Foundation Postgraduate Placements. The full application details for the National Research Foundation Postgraduate Placements can be accessed below.
National Research Foundation Postgraduate Placements
If you are a high-caliber student with the ambition to change your future, then you can apply for the NRF postgraduate placements offered by the National Research Foundation.
The program is open for South African students who want to complete the postgraduate degree coursework with financial support in the home country.
The National Research Foundation was founded as an independent government agency, through the National Research Foundation Act. It is a research funding agency that was previously servicing various sections of the research community.
Why should you join this program? NRF promote and support research through funding, human resource to facilitate the creation of knowledge, innovation and development in all fields of science and technology and thereby contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of all South Africans.
- University or Organization: National Research Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Full cost or partial cost
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Students of South Africa
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: South Africa.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Honours, masters or doctoral degree in Science, Engineering, Technology, Social Sciences, and Humanities.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The sponsorship will be awarded to South African citizens and permanent residents only, who are either financially needy, living with a disability or exceptional academic achievers.
- How to Apply: To participate in the program, applicants must have to enroll in the postgraduate degree coursework at the eligible university. After taking affirmation, you can complete the award application form.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants have to submit the transcript of all the degrees and national ID cards.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have NRF minimum academic requirement for postgraduate funding is 65%.
- Applicants for honors, masters, and doctoral funding must be 28, 30, and 32 years of age or younger respectively in the year of application.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have to fulfill the language requirements of the university.
The National Research Foundation will cover the Full Cost Study (FCS) or Partial Cost of Study for the students.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply HERE
Application Deadline: 18th Dec. 2020.