Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Mr Price Traineeship Programme 2021. The full application details for the Mr Price Traineeship Programme can be accessed below.
Mr Price Traineeship Programme
Mr Price, also known as MRP, is a publicly-traded retail company based in South Africa, well known for its focus on value. The group retails apparel, as well as homeware and sportswear through owned and franchised stores across 14 countries, primarily in Africa.
Planner: We are hiring Trainee Planners within our Apparel, Home, and Sports retailers for 2021. Trainee Planner opportunities are aimed at producing fully trained and equipped Retail Merchandise Planners.The purpose of Retail Merchandise Planning is to make sure we invest in the right products at the right price and allocate products to the right store at the right time
Buyer: Are you a creative, organized individual with good negotiation & presentation skills who has a desire to grow into a buying role? We are hiring Trainee Buyers within our Apparel, Home and Sport retailers for 2021. Your purpose as a Trainee Buyer is to learn the merchant processes and develop key knowledge and skills to manage a designated portfolio.
- Learning & Development – Here you bridge the gap between the classroom and the working world. It’s on the job learning of the merchant processes relevant to merchandise planning so you are ready for succession into a Planner role
- Forecasting Stock and Sales – Creating the correct sales forecast under supervision, to regulate the best stock levels to increase profits for the categories
- Trade Optimization – Always identify areas of opportunity and risk within the current performance of planned stock and sales forecasted and develop individual portfolio actions to correct the plan to maintain the forecasted sales route
- Merchandise Process – Prepare and present proposals based on analyzed product performance data, market research, industry best practice, and innovation so you provide the customer with a quality assortment of fashionable and contemporary products to drive sales and increase profits
- Reporting & Analysis – Extract and analyze reports to provide notes and insight under supervision. This will be used in day to day operations and Merchandise Review Processes to further the seasonal merchandise strategy
- Administrative Support – Complete various admin duties to support the efficient running of the Planning and Merchandise function and completing the business strategy
- A completed Degree / Diploma in Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Retail Business Management, Economics, Business Science, Statistics
- Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft excel
- High level of numeracy, attention to detail, analytical thinking, problem solving & an appetite for learning
|Buyer Key Responsibilities:|
- Apply your learning of the knowledge and skills by demonstrating awareness of the factors which influence the way we perform in current trade, manage opportunities and risks considering the impact of competitors on our business.
- Sample Management entails managing your dept. samples from Fits, through to Pre-Production samples (PPS’s) ensuring accurate records are maintained
- Learn on the job how to create a seasonal strategy and assortment building
- The seasonal strategy entails working with Planner to plan the product assortment, spend allocation, supplier plan, and marketing focus for the season, to achieve the company’s goals
- Assortment building is preparing and presenting a well-considered product assortment according to the seasonal strategy
- Ensure orders are captured on the system in time to ensure our buying path process is adhered to
- A completed Diploma / Degree in Interior or Fashion Design, Textile Design, Clothing Management, Consumer Science
- A year’s experience in clothing/textile manufacturing is advantageous
- Appetite for learning, eye for fashion
How to Apply
- Click here to apply for the Planer Traineeship Programme.
- Click here to apply for the Buyer Traineeship Programme.