The MOFCOM Scholarship for Foreign Students to pursue Postgraduate programs in China is now open for applications. The deadline for the submission of MOFCOM Scholarship for Foreign Students application is 31st May 2019.
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
- Students are exempt from tuition fee, teaching material fee, research and survey fee, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fee;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master student,
- 42000RMB per year per PhD student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year);
- The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities as a whole, and shall not be distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.
MOFCOM SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible, applicants must:
- -be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and under the age of 45 (born after September 1, 1974);
- -be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
- a) Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations
- b) Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
- c) In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
- d) Severe physically challenged
- e) Pregnancy
- -with at least three years’ working experience;
- -be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program & be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- -be incumbents with a relevant educational background or working experience to the applied program are preferred;
- -be public officials of division level and above (or corresponding level) in government sectors, or senior management staff of organizations and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and research institutions;
- -be sufficient in English which meets the academic requirements of the program, be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above level;
- -be with the potential of professional development, and is committed to promoting the friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host country and China;
- -be neither studying in China nor being admitted to other scholarship programs provided by Chinese government.
Application Requirement (in Chinese or English)
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship;
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
- Two recommendation letters, including one from current employer and one from academic perspective;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
- Photocopy of the English proficiency certificate;
- Photocopy of a valid passport.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MOFCOM POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- Step 1: Visit https://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online for International Students”.
- Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
- Step 3: Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click “Create an account” for registration.
- Step 4: Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted. Your ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and ‘Agency Number’ is:00010. Once the correct ‘Agency Number’ is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
- Step 5: Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page. Applicants are required to select a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
- Step 6: Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application.
- Step 7: You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
- Step 8: Download the completed Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form and print two hard copies.
- Step 9: Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (both hardcopies and scancopies) to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers. Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.
For more information, visit MOFCOM Scholarship.