Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Mecila Junior Fellowships Programme 2020 for Early-career Scholars [Funding available]. The full application details for the Mecila Junior Fellowships Programme can be accessed below.
Mecila Junior Fellowships Programme
Applications are open for the Mecila Junior Fellowship Programme 2020. Mecila will award 4 Junior Fellowships at the Mecila hub in São Paulo, Brazil, to excellent early-career scholars who have recently obtained their doctoral degree in the humanities or the social sciences. In 2020, the fellowships will have a duration of 7 months (from 1 May to 30 November).
Successful applicants are expected to participate in an international research network that focuses on the co-constitution of conviviality and inequality from an interdisciplinary perspective. Accordingly, the Centre addresses the processes of negotiation, legitimation, transformation, and representation of existing hierarchies as they take place in everyday interactions and within institutions.
Selected Fellows will be expected to:
- Develop an independent research project in the field of conviviality-inequality, making a contribution to the Research Areas of the project
- Participate actively in the Centre’s activities (including the weekly colloquia) and engage in interdisciplinary exchange
- Present and discuss scientific research results within and outside the Centre
- Contribute at least one issue to Mecila’s Working Paper Series
- Contribute at least one outreach activity (interview, blog contribution, video, public lecture, policy paper, etc.)
- Undertake at least one relevant activity (e.g. a lecture) at El Colegio de México, Mexico City or at Instituto de Investigaciones en Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales (Universidad Nacional de La Plata/Conicet) in La Plata, Argentina
- The monthly stipend is above average, covering local living costs.
- Applicants should have a PhD degree in the humanities or the social sciences obtained within the last 5 years from the date of application
- A track record of training, research, and publications on Mecila’s subject areas
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to and interest in actively participating in an international, interdisciplinary, and collective research environment
- An appropriately ambitious research project of relevance to Mecila that will enhance the applicant’s career prospects
How to Apply for Mecila Junior Fellowships Programme
Applicants must send the following documents in English, Spanish or Portuguese via e-mail in a single pdf-attachment no later than 15 January 2020 to the Coordination Office in São Paulo (email@example.com):
- Motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Research outline describing current research and envisaged contribution to the Centre (max. 1.500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
- Two recent writing samples: journal article (published or forthcoming), book chapter or thesis chapter.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2020.
For more information, visit Junior Fellowship.