Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Maersk Freight Forwading Learnership Programme 2020. The full application details for the Maersk Freight Forwading Learnership Programme can be accessed below.
Maersk Freight Forwading Learnership Programme
A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S, also known as simply Maersk, is a Danish business conglomerate with activities in the transport, logistics and energy sectors. Maersk has been the largest container ship and supply vessel operator in the world since 1996.
A one year program which combines classroom-based learning, practical on-the-job experience and supported by coaching and mentoring interventions. The learning modules include business communication, mathematics, organizational behavior, international trade principles, freight forwarding, and clearing principles, and basic accounting.. The successful candidates will be based at one for the offices based in Durban, and will have the opportunity to engage and interact with various internal and external stakeholders to enhance their learning experience.
Will entail the following:
- Coordination of shipments and services in line with commercial agreements
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircrafts, trains or trucks
- Arrange delivery and storage of goods at origin and destination
- Engage with customer via telephone and email
- Provide updates and respond to customer queries
- Complete all documentation (i.e. hazardous packing declarations, bills of lading, packing lists, certificates of origin, and customs clearance documents)
- Follow up with transporters on PODs (proof of delivery) and upload on the software system
- Register new shipments on the company software system. And close all jobs on the system per procedure
- Complete all job costing, including all costs and revenue for allocated files, and assess shipment profitability
- Issuance of invoices, validation of costs and invoices received from suppliers, and arrange payment for vendor invoices
- Arrange courier of documents as required by the customer
- Support custom brokers in facilitation of cargo clearance
- Provide detailed port information to importers and exporters
- Identify opportunities to upsell and pass on leads to commercial teams
- Complete key performance reports per the customer’s requirements
We are looking for
- Minimum Grade 12
- Strong computer literacy
- Mathematical literacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A customer-centric mindset and collaborative approach
- The ability to learn quickly
- Good personal and time management
- A positive attitude
- Resilience and commitment to the 12-month program
- Applicants from previously disadvantaged employment equity groups and persons living with disabilities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 10 October 2020.