Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Loughborough Development Trust Africa Scholarship 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Students. The full application details for the Loughborough Development Trust Africa Scholarship can be accessed below.
Loughborough Development Trust Africa Scholarship
Applications for the Loughborough Development Trust Africa Scholarship 2020/2021 are now open. The Loughborough Development Trust Africa Scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught the course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).
The scholarships are being funded through a combination of generous external funding and University funds. The University will award a limited number of scholarships, and the standards required are very high. Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources. Evidence of maintenance funds must be included in the scholarship application.
- The scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year.
- Applicants should be currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
- Commitment to return to their home country on completion of postgraduate programme
- Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
- Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved
For 2020 entry the scholarship application procedure is an open competition. Students may only apply for the scholarship after an offer for a place has been made. Students who are in possession of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a postgraduate taught course can apply for the scholarship using the application form.
How to Apply
Download the application form and return it (by post or email) to:
Marketing and Advancement
Leicestershire LE11 3TU
For more information, visit Loughborough Africa Scholarship.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020.