For Exchange and Study Abroad students from South Africa who would like to study at Leiden University for one semester. The scholarship will be awarded for a maximum of five months.
Leiden University Mandela Scholarships Eligibility
Applicants must be:
- permanent residents of South Africa.
- enrolled at a South African University.
- motivated to upgrade or extend their knowledge in order to make a contribution towards the development of South Africa.
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship includes:
- Tuition fees for a one-semester study abroad programme (if applicable)
Note: exchange students are exempted from tuition fees on the basis of the exchange agreement
- Living allowance: € 1000 per month
- Insurance sponsored by AON Student Insurance and arranged by Leiden University’s Scholarships Team
How to Apply for Leiden University Mandela Scholarships
For more information on how to apply, visit the Leiden University Mandela Scholarships.
- 1st October 2019 for programs starting in February 2020
- 1st April 2020 for programs starting in September 2020