Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Komatsu Millwright Apprenticeship Programme 2020. The full application details for the Komatsu Millwright Apprenticeship Programme can be accessed below.
Komatsu Millwright Apprenticeship Programme
Komatsu Ltd. or Komatsu is a Japanese multinational corporation that manufactures construction, mining, forestry, and military equipment, as well as industrial equipment like press machines, lasers, and thermoelectric generators. Its headquarters are in Minato, Tokyo, Japan.
Komatsu South Africa has an opportunity for maticulants between the ages of 18 and 25 years to join the 4 year Apprentice program at our various Branches/Depots based in the Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Northern Cape and Western Cape region.
- Grade 12
- Must be between the age of 18-25 years
Must have passed the following subjects on NQF Level 4:
- Mathematics / Technical Mathematics (Not Mathematics literacy)
- Physical Science / Technical Science
- Mechanical Technology / Automotive Repair & Maintenance
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Graphic and Design
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of Technical skill modules and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the organisation
- To undertake and successfully complete prescribed apprentice modules as per merSETA throughout the training period, achieving the theoretical knowledge and practical skills
- Learning and understanding the importance of health and safety within the workspace
- To learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times
- To perform any other duties appropriate to the role
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO FEMALE APPLICANTS!
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Location: Brits, Emalahleni, Germiston, Khumani, Kolomela, Namakwa Sands, Pinetown, Sishen
Reference Number: 512.