Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Johnson & Johnson Information Technology Co-op Program – Puerto Rico 2020. The full application details for the Johnson & Johnson Information Technology Co-op Program – Puerto Rico can be accessed below.
Johnson & Johnson Information Technology Co-op Program – Puerto Rico
Applications are open for the Johnson & Johnson Information Technology Co-op Program 2020. The program will enable the trainee to gain knowledge about design thinking, technology, agile and their application to help Johnson & Johnson deliver game-based business models and offer technology to consumers, nurses, and doctors. This internship includes training courses, specialized education, training by mentors and supervisors, and interviewing senior management.
As the IT Coop you will:
- Support projects via technical skills, management skills, and communication to accomplish project analysis, experimental work, troubleshooting, documentation, project coordination and management.
- Support your assigned functional area by performing engineering investigations, performing or overseeing projects or segments of projects in assessment, design, engineering, implementation, validation and documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement behind Lean/Six Sigma projects, cost improvement projects, critical supply inventory tracking, and operations metrics tracking on a site, regional, and global level.
- Assist in performing analysis of the movement of people, processes, and products, throughout the distribution center, monitor current processes, identify and analyze gaps, and develop process improvements.
- Capture and interpret process data to implement improvements in cycle time, yield, or quality.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports, as needed, to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Maintain process surveillance programs on issues such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over.
- Follow all environmental, safety and occupational health policies (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS 18001).
- Be legally authorized to work in Puerto Rico and the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Be actively enrolled pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Information System, be in good academic standing and have completed at least two years of studies.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 cumulative is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency of Spanish and English language is required.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Previous Internship/Coop and/or Academic Research experience is preferred.
- Extra-curricular experience in a student association/organization is a plus.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, superb communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
- Be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.