Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Jacob Foundation Scholarship 2020 at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. The full application details for the Jacobs Foundation Scholarship can be accessed below.
Jacobs Foundation Scholarship
Applications are open for the Jacobs Foundation Scholarship 2020. The Jacobs Foundation Scholarship was introduced in 2018 and is open to candidates with a strong interest in the field of youth and child development and/or education, or in agricultural development in Africa.
Jacobs Foundation scholars have an entrepreneurial vision, are dedicated to social issues, and usually have a minimum of three years’ work experience. The Jacobs Foundation Scholars will also be committed to the goals of the Jacobs Foundation. It is hoped that the Jacobs Foundation Scholars will become active participants in the Jacobs Network, connecting with other fellows online and offline through events and conferences; and contribute to the advancement of the network as well as the Foundation’s communication channels such as the newsletter or the blog.
Scholars will also be invited to attend an introductory week called ‘Swiss Week’, in Zurich, Switzerland, prior to the start of their Oxford programme.
- £26,500 per scholarship
- As a Jacobs Foundation scholar, you will also benefit from interaction with the Jacobs Foundation directly.
- Candidates must have an interest in the following areas (in order of priority):
- Child and youth development, learning, education (ed-tech, early-ed, parenting, brain development);
- Agricultural development in Africa (food security, microfinance, supply-chain);
- Impact investment, with a preference for education.
- Candidates who have industry experience from the NGO, education or government sector are particularly welcome to apply.
- Additionally, candidates must be ordinarily resident in one of the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Holy See, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Latvia, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Togo, United Kingdom, United States. (With a preference for: Senegal, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Benin, Ghana, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Germany and Romania.)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an additional Jacobs Foundation scholarship essay in the funding section of your programme application form. Please write up to 500 words, answering the question: Tell us about your experience in one of the listed Priority Areas. How would the MBA programme support you and your future plans in one of these areas?
This scholarship will be awarded following Admissions Stage 2. The application deadline for this stage is November 1, 2019. If both scholarships are not awarded to candidates who apply by this date, the scholarship(s) will be awarded at a later admissions stage, however early application to the MBA programme is advised.
For more information, visit the Jacobs Foundation Scholarship.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2019.