Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Institut Curie Europe Research & Care (EuReCa) International Ph.D. Program 2020. The full application details for the Institut Curie Europe Research & Care (EuReCa) International Ph.D. Program can be accessed below.
Institut Curie Europe Research & Care (EuReCa) International Ph.D. Program
Applications for the Institut Curie Europe Research & Care (EuReCa) International Ph.D. Program 2020 is now open. EuReCa is Institut Curie’s international Ph.D. Program which provides Ph.D. students with an excellent interdisciplinary, inter-sectorial, and international training. It includes a personalized career development plan, coaching, mentoring and the possibility of undertaking secondments in partners’ institutions.
EuReCa Ph.D. fellows will carry out research in a vibrant environment based on the pluri-disciplinary approaches and excellence offered by over 85 research groups comprising Institut Curie’s 12 research departments grouped into 4 domains and a translational department:
- Biology & Chemistry of Radiations, Cell Signaling & Cancer
- Biology, Cancer, Genetics & Epigenetics
- Integrative Tumour Biology, Immunology & Environment
- Multiscale Physics-Biology-Chemistry
- Translational Research
The following are benefits of completing a Phd at EuReCa:
- A personalized Career Development Plan
- Access to technology platforms and equipment for scientific imaging, genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics
- Presentation of their research work in the annual scientific meeting for young researchers
- Travel grants to attend meetings, summer schools, conferences or courses abroad
- Opportunity to attend every year 300 conferences & seminars in English
- Support and networking with the students and postdocs’ association (Adic)
- Registration at PSL University and affiliation to a Doctoral school
- Housing at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris (CIUP)
- French courses for free on campus
- Vibrant campus life in Paris & Orsay (catering facilities, sports equipment, a Student Help Desk, social events, …)
- Early-stage researchers (ESR) shall at the call deadline be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
- Applicants from all countries are eligible. The applicants may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/ or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Applicants must be in possession of a European master degree or equivalent master’s degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate.
Applicants have to complete an online application form in English. They may apply for 1 or 2 thesis project(s). Incomplete applications will not be eligible. No application will be accepted after the deadline January 9, 2020, at 4:00 pm CET (GMT +1).
The following documents are required:
- A CV,
- A motivation letter,
- A copy of the high school degree,
- A copy of the university degrees including the European Master’s degree or equivalent master’s degree (translated by the applicant in English),
- A copy of the university grade transcript from the Master’s degree or equivalent master’s degree which would formally entitle to embark on a doctorate (translated by the applicant in English),
- 2 recommendation letters. Referees must have submitted their recommendation letters by the end of the call. We strongly advise applicants to contact their referees as soon as possible so that referees have enough time to upload the recommendation letter online. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the 2 recommendation letters are uploaded by the referee before the call ends.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.