Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the INSA-JRD TATA Fellowship Program 2020 for Researchers from Developing Countries [Fully-funded]. The full application details for the INSA-JRD TATA Fellowship Program can be accessed below.
INSA-JRD TATA Fellowship Program 2020
Applications for the INSA-JRD TATA Fellowship Program 2020 are now open. The Fellowship provides an opportunity for young scientists, teachers and researchers from the developing countries all over the world to undertake research studies in India.
It covers short-term, participatory research studies in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at the Indian Centres of Excellence. The Fellowship awardees are provided considerable freedom in availing the opportunity and formulating the contents of their research work in India. The awardees may either correspond with the host institute and opt to work there if offered placement or seek the assistance of CICS for placement.
About 10 Fellowships are provided annually. The maximum period of award will be for three months. The awardees are allowed to choose a fellowship period mutually convenient to them and the host institute. On successful completion of the program, the awardees are required to submit a brief report to the centre and participate in subsequent feedback requirements on the usefulness of the program in their home country.
- The fellowship covers return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India, boarding and lodging at the affiliated institution/s, and an adequate allowance in Indian currency to cover incidental expenses.
- Applicant (other than Indian) possessing Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/Medicine and allied disciplines;
- Below 45 years of age affiliated to a scientific or academic institution in a developing country (other than India)
- Applicants must possess a valid passport
How to Apply for INSA-JRD TATA Fellowship Program
Applicants should forward the following;
The following documents should accompany the application letter:
- A detailed curriculum vitae containing the date of birth & age, applicant’s research interest and experience, publications (only those in referred journals), present position, scientific affiliations, awards and scholarships etc
- A brief write-up describing the proposed research work
- Two passport size photographs
- Copy of degree certificate for highest qualification
- A letter of consent from Parent Institution
- Download the application form
Completed application should be submitted to Honorary Director, CICS, No. 2, Gandhi Mandapam Road, Chennai-600 025, India.
For more information, visit INSA-JRD TATA Fellowship.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020 / October 31, 2020