Institute for Health Metrics & Evaluation (IHME) Post-Bachelor Fellowship
Applications are open for the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) Post-Bachelor Fellowship 2020. The Post-Bachelor Fellowship (PBF) is a structured program where individuals can apply their knowledge and passion to help advance the field of health metrics and accelerate global health progress. This fellowship provides a unique opportunity for recent college graduates with strong quantitative skills to train with faculty and senior researchers on a variety of global health projects.
The Post-Bachelor Fellowship combines academic research, education, and professional work with progressive on-the-job training and mentoring from an illustrious group of professors and researchers. Through research, training workshops, coursework, and active mentorship and advising, the PBF program aims to produce the next generation of scholars and leaders in global health measurement and evaluation.
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) is an independent research center identifying the best strategies to build a healthier world. By measuring health, tracking program performance, finding ways to maximize health system impact, and developing innovative measurement systems, IHME provides a foundation for informed decision-making that ultimately will lead to better health for people worldwide.
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Have proven quantitative and analytical skills
- A strong interest in pursuing academic or professional careers related to population and global health
- No background in global health or a related field is required
The following documents are required for application:
- Resume (2-page limit)
- Academic transcript
- One letter of reference from a professor/professional familiar with your coursework or research
- Brief goals statement (500 word max.) on how your skills, experience and long term career goals contribute to your candidacy
- Brief personal statement (300-word max.) in response to one of three prompts
- Analytical-thinking exercise (1 hour long).
How to Apply
For more information, visit IHME Post-Bachelor Fellowship.
Application Deadline: January 6, 2020.