Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Gauteng Provincial Legislature (GPL) Internship Programme 2021. The full application details for the GPL Internship Programme can be accessed below.
Gauteng Provincial Legislature (GPL) Internship Programme
The Gauteng Provincial Legislature (Gauteng Legislature, GPL) is one of nine provincial legislatures in South Africa, which are a product of extensive negotiations that gave shape to the 1996 Constitution. The Constitution empowers the Legislature to make laws for Gauteng, watch that the Gauteng government works efficiently and honestly, and ensure that the people of Gauteng participate in the running of their province.
The Legislature moved from Pretoria to Johannesburg in 1994 after the first democratic elections in 1994 and following a decision to move the Government of the Gauteng Province. The Johannesburg City Hall opened as the Gauteng Legislature’s new home on 21 October of 1995.
The Gauteng Provincial Legislature (GPL) Internship programme is a 24 month fixed term contract which provides workplace experience. It allows one to gain valuable work experience and provides the intern with an opportunity to obtain an understanding of the GPL, its values and work ethic. The applicants need to have completed at least their undergraduate degree or degree equivalent by the end of 2019.
The objective of the GPL Internship Programme is to assist graduates and people with qualifications to obtain workplace experience and the GPL to contribute to the up skilling of individuals as per the Skills Development Act.
Time management • Interpersonal skills • Communication skills • Planning & Organising
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside in Gauteng;
- Must have no previous criminal convictions or cases pending;
- Applicant must be between the age of 18-35;
- Applicants must be unemployed, never employed in field of the advertised post and never participated in an internship programme;
- It’s the applicants responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA);
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three positions that is most suitable to your qualification and complete separate application forms for each post reference number;
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates
How to Apply
|Intern Strategy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation |
|Intern Supply Chain Management |
|Intern Finance |
|Grad / Intern: Office of the Executive Director Core Business |
|Grad / Intern: Network Support |
|Grad / Intern: SAP Basis Support |
|Grad / Intern: Help Desk |
|Advert: Audio Visual |
|Grad / Intern: Research |
|Grad / Intern: Communications |
|Grad / Intern: Committees |
Application Deadline: 21 Sep 2020 23:59.
Stipend: R7000 per month