Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Future Food Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020. The full application details for the Future Food Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can be accessed below.
Future Food Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
ETH Zurich and EPFL have launched Future Food – A Swiss Research Initiative together with Bühler, Givaudan and Nestlé (the first partners on board) to further expand research and education in the area of food and nutrition sciences. The Future Food Fellowship is a major pillar within this framework. It aims to bring together competences from academic and industrial research in the fields covered by the initiative. The overarching goal is to develop solutions that address grand challenges such as affordable nutrition and sustainable packaging.
A successful fellow must demonstrate the willingness to engage in scientific or economic issues across the frontiers of food and nutrition sciences. The programme supports research projects at the postdoctoral level and is structured around annual calls for applications. The Fellowship provides personal research funds for three years to enable fellows to work on their projects in a research laboratory. The programme is co-managed by the World Food System Center at ETH Zurich and the Integrative Food Science and Nutrition Center at EPFL.
To submit a proposal within the framework of the Future Food Initiative, the following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled:
- Citizens of any nationality may apply; there are no restrictions concerning age.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate (PhD) and must have obtained their doctoral degree at maximum three years before the submission deadline. The latest possible date for a successful defense of the PhD is 30 September succeeding the interview date.
- Applicants must not have been affiliated for studies, research, employment or other activities (with or without payment) at either ETH Zurich or EPFL during the 12 months that immediately precede the submission deadline.
- Applications will not be forwarded for evaluation if applicants already hold or have held a faculty-equivalent position (e.g. an assistant professor) in a higher education institution in Switzerland or abroad.
- Applications and supporting documentation must be written in English.
- The prospective research project must also comply with the applicable ethics regulations and adhere to the principles of research integrity valid at the host institution (ETH Zurich or EPFL). Relevant ethical, legal and social considerations should be included in the proposal.
The programme aims to award ten fellowships each year. However, available funds will only be exhausted if the quality standards of the programme are fulfilled. The maximum duration of funding for each postdoctoral Fellowship is three years.
The funding will be granted to cover the fellow’s salary in accordance with the host institution’s standard conditions plus annual funds of max. 20,000 Swiss Francs for project costs directly related to the approved project. Upon project approval, funds will be allocated at the start of the project for the entire duration of the project to the hosting laboratory, which will manage its usage in conformity with the rules of the hosting institution.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 31 March 2020, 23:59 CET: