Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the FPB Graduate Internship Programme 2020. The full application details for the FPB Graduate Internship Programme can be accessed below.
FPB Graduate Internship Programme
The Film and Publication Board, or FPB, is a content-classification and regulatory authority in South Africa, operating under the Minister of Communications.
The FPB is implementing an Internship Programme and is seeking a total of fourteen candidates who are interested in having an opportunity to gain practical work experience and skills development within the Media Regulatory Sector, (Films, certain publications and interactive games) and who fulfill the following criteria:
- You have just completed a B Degree in one of the relevant fields as specified. (Law, ICT, Public Administration, Research, Communications, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Human Resources,) or in Client Support, Operations Management, Compliance Auditing and/or in Classification.
- You have no previous work experience.
- The position would require you to work in Centurion/Pretoria area.
- You should be a South African citizen between the ages of 18 to 35 years old.
- You are computer literate and have the ability to use MSWord, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet Explorer and email.
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are prepared to enter into a 12-month Internship Contract with the FPB.
The Internship Programme will afford successful applicants the opportunity to be trained in the applicable function of the FPB and associated administrative tasks. The programme will also provide an insight into the other functions and units of the FPB and the role of the public sector and regulators in society.
Successful candidates will be placed at the FPB Head Office in Centurion and will report to the Unit Manager who will monitor and evaluate work activities and programs. Successful applicants will be remunerated in accordance with the current FPB intern rates.
Interns will be placed in one of the following Units: Legal, Supply Chain Management, Information and Communications Technology, Finance, Human Capital, Research [x2], Communications, Governance, Operations, Client Support [x2], Classification [x2]. On the application form you are asked to indicate three preference areas from these functions.
Requirements per Unit:
[x1] Intern Vacancy: Governance Unit
- Qualification: Bachelor on Public Administration
[x2] Intern Vacancies: Client Support Unit
- Qualification: Bachelor in Public Administration or Bachelor in Social Sciences
- Client orientated approach to service delivery (Batho Pele principles)
[x1] Intern Vacancy: Supply Chain Management
- Qualification: Bachelor in Supply Chain Management
[x1] Intern: Human Capital
- Qualification: Bachelor in Human Resource Management or Bachelor in Psychology with focus on Human Resource Management.
- Exposure to HR Information Systems (e.g. Sage VIP, Pastel, etc)
- Exposure to Digital Analytics would be to your advantage.
[x2] Intern Vacancies: Research
- Qualification: [x1] Intern with Bachelor in Public Administration or Bachelor in Social Sciences. [x1] Intern with Masters in Public Administration or Masters in Social Sciences
- Familiarity with Research Methodologies (qualitative and quantitative) would be to your added advantage.
- Library sciences or knowledge of Knowledge and Information Management would be to your added advantage.
- Ability to work on SPSS/Atlas T1 or other analytical programs
- Willingness to travel
[x2] Intern Vacancies: Classification
- Qualification: Bachelor in Public Administration or Bachelor in ICT (majoring in systems development) or Bachelor in Communication.
[x1] Intern Vacancy: Operation
- Qualification: Bachelor in Public Administration or Bachelor in Social Sciences or BCom Law.
[x1] Intern Vacancy: Finance
- Qualification: BCom in Accounting
[x1] Intern Vacancy: Communication
- Qualification: Bachelor in Communication or Bachelor in Public Relations or B.Tech in Communication or B.Tech in Public Relations, National Diploma (NQF 6) in Communication
- It would be to your advantage if you majored in Digital Media
- Willingness to travel
[x1] Intern Vacancy: Information Communication Technology
- Qualification: Bachelor Degree in ICT, BTech in ICT, National Diploma in ICT.
- It would be to your advantage if you have majored in the following areas: Application Development and/or Business Information Systems.
[x1] Intern Vacancy: Legal
- Qualification: LLB Degree
How to Apply for FPB Graduate Internship Programme
Interested persons are requested to refer below for specified requirements per unit, download the Application Form from the FPB website www.fpb.org.za and submit a completed Application Form, comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter the position applied for in the email subject line.
Recruitment will be done in alignment with Employment Equity practices. Differently abled individuals are encouraged to apply. Click here to download the application form.
Acting Manager: HR