Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool 2020-2021 The full application details for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool can be accessed below.
Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool is open for applications. The Finnish Government offers scholarships for doctoral-level post-graduate studies and research in Finnish universities and public research centers.
The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool program is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme can be applied for a study/research period of 3-9 months, 9 months being the maximum time for an individual applicant.
- The scholarship grant can be awarded for 3 to 9 months. It is 1,500 euros/month and is paid to the applicant in full. It is enough to cover the living costs of only one person in Finland.
- The scholarship period cannot be extended, so any additional funding needed must be acquired from other sources.
- Travel expenses to Finland and within Finland will not be covered. The scholarship holder must also pay for the insurance and visa costs themselves.
- The scholarship of the Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) is tax-free because the amount does not exceed the tax-free grant amounts allowed in Finland. If you have been awarded other grants or have other income at the same time, this may exceed the tax-free limit.
- Open to young researchers from all disciplines
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree
- The purpose is to work on a doctoral thesis or a research visit in Finland
- These scholarships are based on bilateral agreements between Finland and other countries. To apply for these, you need to be a national of one of the below countries:
- Republic of Korea
- The academic year in Finnish universities starts in late August or at the beginning of September and finishes at the end of May. Please check the dates when you are contacting universities.
- You can present a later start date than September for your scholarship period in your application form, as long as the period starts during the academic year that you are applying a grant for.
- The application form comes with instructions on how to fill it and a list of required annexes.
- US citizens: you can find the application form and instructions on the “Fulbright-EDUFI Fellowship” page on the Fulbright Online website.
- Other nationals of the participating countries: More information available soon.
- Please submit your application to the national scholarship authority in your country: Countries and authorities.
The list of scholarship holders will be published on June 2020.
How to Apply for Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
For more information, visit the Finnish Government Scholarship.