Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the DCMS International Tech Hub Network’s Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders Programme 2020. The full application details for the Female Tech Founders Programme can be accessed below.
DCMS International Tech Hub Network’s Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders Programme
Are you a rising female entrepreneur based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa using tech to solve a local development challenge? The International Tech Hub Network has launched the Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020.
The programme will bring 15 of the continent’s most ambitious development-focused women entrepreneurs to the UK in January. If you’re based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa, you could gain access to world-class mentoring, 1:1 time with UK investors and expert training to help scale your company.
Across a three day tailored programme (January 20 – 22), participants will benefit from masterclasses, events and workshops designed to provide in-depth training on how to scale and grow their business, expand into the UK, and how best to position their purpose-driven organisations. Participants will discover the UK’s thriving tech ecosystem, exploring new opportunities for global partnerships and increased investment through peer-to-peer networking.
The agenda will include:
- Training session led by successful female tech leaders sharing their funding journey
- Masterclass event covering: protecting IP and raising offshore funding; accessing finance; scaling a purpose driven social impact business; protecting customers’ data
- Roundtable with GEP alumni addressing scaling successfully in the UK
- Tailored mentoring event with UK startups, including female founders
- Innovation tour of co-working spaces, including Google Campus
- Networking dinner with UK and African entrepreneurs
Activities will be delivered by UK tech experts and the Department for International Trade’s Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) Dealmakers and alumni, including prominent female tech leaders. The programme will be delivered alongside the Africa Investment Summit, taking place in London on 20 January. They expect winners to be able to attend the Summit.
- Flights, accommodation and meals will be covered by the International Tech Hub Network
- Open to female founder leading a company within any tech sub-sector
- Can demonstrate a clear business model
- MVP product or prototype (i.e. must be fully operating in market)
- Can demonstrate clear social impact potential
- Can demonstrate commitment to strengthen the local ecosystem by passing on learnings to other startups
- Ambition to expand internationally in the future
How to Apply
- Create a video (max 1 minute) telling us about your startup and why this opportunity excites you (camera facing, not narrated)
- Upload your video to YouTube
- Fill in the application form and include the video link