Are you a young graduate interested in international relations and committed to EU values? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in South Africa?
EU Delegation to South Africa Funded Traineeship
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Information and Communication (POIC) Section of the EU Delegation to the Republic of South Africa, starting in July 2019.
EU Delegation to South Africa Funded Traineeship Eligibility
- Holder of at least a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Law, Social Studies, Politics, Economics or similar subject.
- Excellent English, written and spoken.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Commitment, ability to complete tasks on schedule, willingness to learn and to contribute to the activities of the Delegation.
Additional qualifications that would be an asset:
- Additional degree in another field
- Past experiences in South Africa or other countries in the region
Contribute to the Delegation’s important work on EU – South Africa relations in the respective thematic field, specifically:
- Analyze the current and foreseen dynamics of EU/South Africa partnership.
- Monitor political developments in SA and SA foreign affairs, and contribute to drafting political reports under the guidance of the staff of the section.
- Conduct short-term and longer term research on specific issues of interest in the fields of foreign affairs, domestic political affairs, human rights.
- Collate information on EU legislation and politics of relevance to SA for dissemination to the wider public.
- Attend and report on public events, seminars, conferences.
- Administrative support to public diplomacy events, visits organized by the Delegation, and visits from Headquarters.
How to Apply for EU Delegation to South Africa Funded Traineeship
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-S-AFRICA-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – POIC
For more information, visit the EU Delegation to South Africa Funded Traineeship.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019