Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Ethekwini Municipality Graduate Internship Programme 2020/2021. The full application details for the Ethekwini Municipality Graduate Internship Programme can be accessed below.
eThekwini Municipality Learnership Programme
eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality is a metropolitan municipality created in 2000, that includes the city of Durban, South Africa, and surrounding towns. eThekwini is one of the 11 districts of the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa. The majority of its 3,442,361 people speak Zulu.
- i) N2 certificate including the relevant trade theory subject; or
- ii) Technical/Grade 12 with Maths and Physical Science/ Engineering science and related trade theory subject; or
- iii) Relevant (directly related to the trade theory subjects) N6 certificate or National Technical diploma (S or N stream)
- iv) Be eThekwini Residents (proof of residence required)
- v) Be a South African citizen with valid identity document (ID)
- vi) Applicants must be unemployed;
- vii) Must have passion and interest on the fields applied for;
- viii) Applicants must be between the age of 18 -30 years;
- ix) Applicants should not have participated in a similar apprenticeship programme before; Applicants will be required to undergo various pre-assessments as part of the recruitment process for consideration. Candidates will be required to complete an apprenticeship programme as per the specified and regulated criteria of the applicable Seta and the National Artisan Moderating Body. The programme will involve practical training on-site as well as attendance at a training institution to obtain the theory component. At the end of the training programme, the apprentice will undergo a formal trade test to qualify as an Artisan in the relevant trade.
Contact Name: Zimele Cele / Moshibudi Mothapo
Contact Telephone: 031 311 3252/ 031 322 8625