Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships. The full application details for the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships can be accessed below.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships is open for International Students The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at University of Edinburgh The deadline of the scholarhip is 17 Feb 2020.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships is available to undertake PhD level programs at University of Edinburgh.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Students from any nationality (other thank UK-EU) are eligible (having status of international students).
- 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2020-2021.
- Each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student.
- The awards do not cover maintenance expenses. Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
- The awards were open to overseas nationals commencing a PhD in any field of study in 2020-2021.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been applied admission to a full-time on-campus PhD research programme of study.
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Although candidates with an upper second class honors Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first-class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
- The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
- Students already on a PhD programme cannot be considered for these awards.
- Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Master’s programme of study in 2020 and your PhD the following year in 2021, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2020.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
- Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application
- The scholarship deadline is
- In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
- Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.ukWhen logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password.
- If you require assistance, please go to https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidanceNotification of the award is anticipated that all applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of April 2020.
- Contact for more details on this award please contact Scholarships and Student Funding Services.
- Scholarships and Financial Support TeamContact details Work: +44 (0)131 651 4070 Email: email@example.com.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 17th February 2020.