Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Dow Graduate Internship Programme 2019/2020. The full application details for the Dow Graduate Internship Programme can be accessed below.
Dow Graduate Internship Programme
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, or simply the Dow, is a stock market index that indicates the value of 30 large, publicly owned companies based in the United States, and how they have traded in the stock market during various periods of time. These 30 companies are also included in the S&P 500 Index.
Dow is offering great business career opportunities in a global and international environment. We are looking for ambitious Students (m / f) who are interested in doing an internship to support our businesses.
Candidates will participate in, (and /or lead) projects in one of the following areas:
Allocation to projects will be based on candidate’s interests, background, and experience. Internship remuneration is market-based and dependent on qualifications. Candidates that meet the required criteria can apply for internships in the following areas:
1. Supply Chain & Logistics (to be based in Durban):
- Supply Chain improvement projects
- Logistics analytics and reporting
2. Corporate Affairs:
- Supporting the corporate affairs team in roles relating to community relations, employee engagement, government relations and corporate grant-making strategies
- Geographic growth strategy initiatives
3. Sustainability (x2 Internship opportunities)
- Geopolitical Risk Analysis & Integrated Waste Management
- Public Policy Landscape Assessment for Plastic Bans
- Assessment of New Waste Streams of Informal Waste Sector
- Investment in Waste Management Technology
4. Human Resources
- Supporting the Human Resources team in projects and tasks relating to enhancing the Employee Experience and the implementation of HR Next Generation in our organization
During the internship, participants will be offered the possibility to:
- Demonstrate and develop their skills in project management, professional communications and other specific skills related to their selected role
- Get coaching and mentoring from experienced colleagues
- Explore and gain an understanding of a variety of Dow businesses, industries, markets, customers, and of the sales and marketing functions at Dow
- Get exposure to experienced commercial professionals
- Get the experience of work in a global environment
Qualifications in any of the following areas:
- Business administration and management / Project Management Engineering / Supply chain / Environmental Science / Economics / Human Resources / Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a related field.
Bachelor’s qualification is preferred but more junior candidates may be considered too, based on their talents and competencies.
- Professional level of computer literacy is required. Proficiency in English is an essential prerequisite.
- Project management, critical thinking, research and analytical skills and ability to quickly grasp new concepts.
- Good communication skills (face to face and virtual, verbal and written) are needed, and will be further developed during the internship; the ability to operate in a diverse environment, and as part of virtual/remote teams, is essential.
- Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, self-directed while staying focused on the objective, fast learners, independent contributors with a strong willingness and ability to cooperate and share, creative problem solvers with a clear orientation towards results and actual implementation/realization.
Dow values the benefits that diversity of thought can bring to its organization. Our work environment fosters the inclusion of all employees regardless of their nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Candidates for these internships should be South African, and preference will be given to employment equity candidates.
Interested candidates should submit a complete resume (CV) and motivation letter.
How to Apply for Dow Graduate Internship Programme
Candidates who have met the above-listed criteria should Click here to apply.
Location: Johannesburg & Durban
Duration: 6 months