Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Deutsche Welle Journalism Traineeship Programme 2020-2022 [Paid position]. The full application details for the Deutsche Welle Journalism Traineeship Programme can be accessed below.
Deutsche Welle Journalism Traineeship Programme
Applications are open for the Deutsche Welle Journalism Traineeship Programme 2020-2022. The DW traineeship is one of the most prestigious journalism training programs in Germany and beyond, and gives you the skills needed to become a successful multimedia reporter and editor.
They are looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize. After the traineeship, the trainees usually continue to work for DW.
The DW Traineeship offers
- Acquisition of journalism skills
- Seminars on all relevant journalism topics, conducted by renowned trainers
- Placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of their foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- Introduction to producing your own content for TV, radio or online formats, from generating ideas to technical production
- Placements in Germany, Europe and worldwide
- Technical know-how for TV, radio and online
- Trainee’s salary
- After traineeship completion, prospect of ongoing contract working for DW worldwide
- Open to native speaker of one of DW’s languages with excellent English and good German language skills, or native English speaker with good German language skills, or native German speaker with excellent English language skills
- Must have completed a university degree, college degree or apprenticeship
(especially with a background in technology/IT, science, politics, economics or law)
- Have initial journalistic experience
- Have a creative mind
- Social media expertise
- Ability to work under deadlines independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply for Deutsche Welle Journalism Traineeship Programme
Interested applicants should click here to apply.