Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the De Beers Apprenticeship Programme 2022. The full application details for the De Beers Apprenticeship Programme can be accessed below.
De Beers Apprenticeship Programme
Element Six is currently seeking applicants for the 2022 Apprenticeship Programme in the Fitter, Electrician and Instrumentation trades. Successful candidates shall be remunerated according to the SEIFSA Main Agreement Apprenticeship pay scales. Clearly indicate the trade that you are applying.
- The successful applicants will be contracted as Apprentices through the Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services Seta (MERSETA) for the duration of the training programme
- There is no contractual obligation with regards to permanent placement in the respective trade after completion of the Apprenticeship Programme
- Live the Element Six values
- Comply with department and company procedures including Health & Safety
- Minimum requirement of Technical Grade 12/Matric or N3 with Mathematics, Technical drawing and Trade Theory
- Copies of relevant qualifications should accompany application
- A working understanding of safety and environmental standards and demonstrated commitment to uphold these standards
- The completion of a set of technical test batteries with appropriate outcome scoring, is a prerequisite for acceptance into the Apprenticeship Programme
Criteria skills and competencies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams ensuring HSE across all operations
- A diligent worker with a keen eye for detail, can do, pro-active attitude and a passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to work under close supervision from Qualified Artisans
Who We Are: Element Six
Element Six, part of De Beers Group, is a global leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide supermaterials.
With research and development facilities and manufacturing sites in the UK, Ireland, Germany, South Africa and the US, we have been pushing the boundaries of synthetic diamond innovation for more than 60 years. We utilise the extreme properties of synthetic diamond to open up new possibilities in exciting new areas such as quantum optics, acoustics and thermal conductivity.
Our success comes from building strong collaborative relationships, both internally in our extraordinary teams, and externally with our customers. We strive to deliver extreme performance and we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment that fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity.
We offer an exciting and varied career, with opportunities to work in different, locations and teams, and across various functions and projects. If you like the idea of an exciting variety of work in a diverse global team, then we want you to get in touch.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to Apply