Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Dalai Lama Fellows Program for Emerging Leaders 2020. The full application details for the Dalai Lama Fellows Program can be accessed below.
Dalai Lama Fellows Program for Emerging Leaders
Applications are open for the Dalai Lama Fellows Program for Emerging Leaders 2020. The Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) experience is an immersive, year-long commitment that mentors each Fellow through a leadership curriculum inspired by exemplary leaders like the Dalai Lama.
This curriculum will help you become more mindful, increase awareness of your inner values and how they relate to your work, deeply connect with people around you, and provide new ways of building sustainable solutions to complex problems. Dalai Lama Fellows offers emerging leaders a rigorous, interdisciplinary program on ways to be a different kind of leader, a leader that connects and cares for self, extends genuine compassion to others, and works for our common humanity.
Fellows learn practices for increasing self-awareness, self-care and resilience, for connecting with others and working across differences, and in building solutions for generations to come. Over the course of a year, with the support of mentors and coaches, each Fellow implements an original Field Project addressing a global challenge. Upon graduation, Fellows join a LifeLong Community, where they connect with and support each other while continuing to advance their leadership journeys.
They provide each Project Fellow with:
- Immersion in the distinctive yearlong Head, Heart, Hands online leadership curriculum;
- One-on-one and small-group coaching to support their projects in social change and personal development as contemplative and collaborative leaders;
- Participation in the Contemplative Leadership Assembly with Fellows from around the world and dynamic faculty; and
- LifeLong affiliation in the global learning community and support system.
- Dalai Lama Fellows will cover all travel, lodging, and meals for the assembly
- Be a next generation leader who is between 20-35 years old
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year
- Current engagement (or well-articulated plans) for a social change project in one’s local community and sustained engagement throughout the fellowship year
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community
- Commitment to participate in the online learning platform, coaching calls, etc.
- Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly in mid-June 2020 (Dalai Lama Fellows will cover all travel, lodging, and meals for the assembly)
Tips for Successful Application
- Be Authentic: As you reflect on and respond to application questions, they encourage you to avoid telling them just what you think they want to hear. Be authentic with yourself and share that authenticity with their team.
- Be Courageous: This application is an opportunity to reflect on how you can grow as a leader. Be courageously bold, imagine the kind of leader you can become, and tell the organizers about it.
- Be Thoughtful: Take time to respond to each question. Save drafts. Share reflections with trusted friends and colleagues. The most successful applications are not only well written but demonstrate thoughtfulness and introspection.
- Save an Offline Copy: They recommend that you first review the entire application form and then spend time offline composing your responses in Google Docs or Microsoft Word. Be sure to save an offline copy in case of a technological error or broken connection.
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of six major parts:
- Applicant Background and Overview
- Essay Questions
- Your Resume/CV
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Application Video.
How to Apply for Dalai Lama Fellows Program
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.