The DAAD/NRF Scholarship programme offers Postgraduate training in a field with strong relevance for national development, aiming at university staff development and public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
DAAD/NRF Postgraduate Scholarship
As part of the In-Country Scholarship Programme, in which more than two dozen African universities and university networks participate and which annually supports hundreds of African postgraduates, DAAD in partnership with the National Research Foundation (NRF) offers scholarships for postgraduate studies on a Master and PhD level to South Africans at South African universities in any field of study. This scholarship is only open to South African citizens or Permanent South African Residency Holders.
DAAD/NRF Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility
- South African nationals or permanent residents.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
Value of Award
- ZAR 80.000,- p.a. for Master’s
- ZAR 110.000,- p.a. for PhD
Duration of Programme:
- Up to two years for the Master’s, up to three years for the PhD.
- With this scholarship, the scholarship holder can also elect to do a Short-Term Research Visit to Germany for 2 – 6 months!
How to Apply for DAAD/NRF Postgraduate Scholarship
Applications have to be submitted to NRF only. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered. Final selection is made by a panel consisting of university professors and representatives of both NRF and DAAD. Successful candidates will be informed through NRF.
- Master: 16th September 2019
- PhD: 31st July 2019
For more information, visit the DAAD/NRF Postgraduate Scholarship.