The Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) online registration portal is open for all fresh and returning students. In this guide, we’ll be sharing the step by step guide on how to start your CPUT online registration.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) online registration guide is a five (5) minutes registration process for all admitted students. The entire registration process consists of 8 steps outlined below.
The CPUT Student Online Services (SOS) gives you access to your student data – anytime and from anywhere.
- register online
- check the subjects that you are registered for
- print a proof of registration
- view your progress marks
- change your contact information
- check and pay your fees online.
Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) Online Registration
- Go to the Students tab on the CPUT website and click on the “Student Online Services (SOS)” link, or use the direct link www.cput.ac.za/sos.
- Click on “Log in to SOS”
- “Registered Users”, will appear.
- Select ‘Student’ and type in your student number & PIN number, and click “Login”.
- You are now on the first page of the ITS iEnabler Online Registration. Click on the blue question mark next to any item for more information.
You can check where you are in the process, as well as go back a step, by using the process trail at the top of the web page. Just click on one of the underlined words and
you will go back or forward to that point.
- Select “Student Enquiry” on the left.
Go to “Summarized Statement of Account”.
Verify that the upfront payment of R3 700 shows as a credit on your account. If payment was made 72 hours earlier and the payment does not show on the Summarized Statement, contact Student Debtors and supply proof of payment.
- Select “E-Payments” on the left, to pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only – no debit cards accepted on the Web) Follow the steps on screen and click on “Pay Now”.
- Go back to “Summarized Statement of Account” if you want to verify that the payment reflects on your account.
- Select “Student Administration” on the left.
Personal Information Update
- Select “Personal information Update” on the left to verify your personal details.
- You are only allowed to update the fields with a white border, for example
- Click on “Save” at the bottom of the page once you have updated any of above
To change any other personal details you have to submit a formal request to the Admissions and Registrations Centre (ARC) on campus.
Personal Contact Detail
- Select “Personal Contact Detail” on the left to verify your contact details.
- If contact details are not correct, select “Communication Type” to change existing contact details.
- If you want to add Contact Details, select “New Record” to add new contact details.
- Select “Save” at the bottom of the page to save your changes. Verify correctness.
- Select “Address Validation” on the left to verify your address details.
- If address details are not correct, select “Address Type” to change existing details.
- If you want to add new details, click on “New Record” to add new contact details.
- Click on “Save” at the bottom of the page to save your changes. Verify correctness
- Select “Academic Registration” on the left.
Rules and Regulations
- Select “Rules & Regulations”and read through the Rules & Regulations.
- Click on the “I Accept” button at the bottom. (You may have to scroll down to
Please take note acceptance of the Rules and Regulations is compulsory and serves as
your electronic signature. This indicator is stored on your Student File and will be used as
a Legal Agreement in a dispute/disciplinary matter.
If you do not accept the “Rules and Regulations” the system will not allow you to continue.
Select “Submit Registration” on the left.
- Verify that the qualification details displayed you are correct. All fields indicated with
an * must be completed.
- Select your “Employment Status” from the drop-down list.
- Click on “Save and Continue” or “Save – Continue later” or “Restart Process” button.
- Select “Submit Registration” >> “Possible Subject Selection”.
Select your Subjects, by ticking the box next to each subject. Please note the following:
- You may not register for subjects where the pre-requisite has not been met. These subjects will be indicated with a red button:
- Where module subjects are offered (e.g. Financial Accounting 1A and 1B), please ensure that you include the mother/main subject (e.g. Financial Accounting 1M). Refer to the subject choice form.
- Students must select both the first and second semester subjects – this is a once-off
registration for the whole year.
Academic Period Selection
Select ONE Academic Period which represents when you would like to study for each of the chosen subjects. Consult the Subject Choice Form to select the appropriate academic period, then click “Continue”.
On the next screen:
- Verify the selected subjects for the whole year. If you wish to change a subject, click the previous item on the process trail at the top of the web page.
- When you have verified your subjects, as well as the semester you will be studying, click on the “Continue” button.
Select “Save and Continue” or “Save – Continue later” button.
Submit Registration >> Registration Details
Select the “Continue” or “Restart Process” or “Print Registration Details” button to print to a printer connected to your computer.
Submit Registration >> Registration Costs
- Select the “Print Cost Details” button to print the Registration Costs.
- If you are satisfied with the subject selection, and want to complete your registration, select the “Accept Registration” button. (If you want to change anything, go back using the process trail at the top of the page.)
Note: Once you click on this button your registration is final, and you will be liable for
- You may use the “Add Subjects to a Registration” option of you would like to make changes to your subjects.
Proof of Registration
- Select “Proof of Registration” on the left to print your proof of registration (to be able to collect your student card on campus).
- If you require this document to be printed on an official CPUT letterhead, visit any Online Registration Venue on campus (refer to page 1 for details). After the Registration period, printed documents can be obtained from the Admission and Registration Centre.
Proof and Statement
- Select “Proof and Statement” on the left should you wish to print a proof and statement.
- Process Status gives you an indication whether you have completed all the compulsory steps of the registration process.
- Should you want to add a subject, or make any changes to your registration, you must contact the Faculty Office.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your Registration.
Issuing of STUDENT CARD
Students who complete their online registration must report to the Student Card points, on the three campuses, where a photograph will be taken and your student card issued.
Student Card Points
Bellville Campus: IT Centre
Cape Town Campus: Multi Purpose Hall
Wellington Campus: Coaton Hall
Note: Please bring along your printed proof of registration when collecting your student card.