Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Copenhagen Business School Denmark PhD Scholarship 2021. The full application details for the Copenhagen Business School Denmark PhD Scholarship can be accessed below.
Copenhagen Business School Denmark PhD Scholarship
Copenhagen Business School Denmark PhD Scholarship 2021 is open for International Students, Domestic Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Leadership taught at University of Copenhagen . The deadline of the scholarship is Open.
Copenhagen Business School, a public university situated in Copenhagen, present among the top 100 global programmes on the prestigious Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2021, harbors a mission is to be a global PRME leader by making responsible management integral to all education at CBS and part of our organizational identity.
Denmark PhD scholarship in Leadership at Copenhagen Business School is available to undertake PhD level programs at University of Copenhagen.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
Copenhagen Business School, Department of Organization invites applications for a PhD Position with a background in a relevant social science or humanities field. Expected starting date is October, 2021.
By announcing a scholarship in Leadership, the department wishes to strengthen its research capacity within this area. We seek, for example, research proposals addressing one of the following themes:
- · Leadership in interaction and as practice
- · Shared and distributed leadership
- · Leadership in complex projects and temporary organizations
- · Leadership and grand challenges
- · Leadership of organizational change and development
- · Leadership in entrepreneurial organizations
- · Leadership development activities
The Department of Organization (IOA) is an international department comprising 55 faculty members and 35 PhD students covering the areas of organization studies, organization theory, public management and governance, organizational psychology, political economy, and science and technology studies. Our research and teaching address organizational and managerial processes and consequences in workplaces, organizations and networks. This includes studies of private companies, public organizations, professional societies as well as NGOs. More specifically, we focus on issues such as organization of innovation, change and reform processes, work and human resources, project management, institutional dynamics, market formation, social networks and power.
The teaching responsibilities associated with the scholarship comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching and supervision in organization theory, organizational behavior, organizational psychology or leadership.
The three-year PhD program at CBS allows you to conduct research under the supervision of CBS professors, supported by research training courses. The program is highly international, and you are expected to participate in international research conferences and to spend time abroad as a visiting PhD student. See the CBS website for more information about the PhD program: https://www.cbs.dk/en/research/phd-programmes
Applicants must be fluent in English. It is also required that the applicant shows an interest in joining the Department’s research environment, see http://uk.cbs.dk/ioa
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities)
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years and includes teaching obligations equivalent of ½ year’s work (840 work hours). The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 27.568 up to DKK 33.293 depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totalling 17,1 %. The salary level and appointment is determined by the Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Domestic and International students are eligible to apply.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold a completed MA/MSc. in Psychology, Business Administration, or any other Social Science or Humanities Field.
The application must include:
- A project description (max. 5 pages): This research proposal should contain a presentation of an original research question focusing on leadership, a description of the initial theoretical framework and research design including methodology and suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan in the form of a Gantt Chart, and finally a brief outline of how the project would fit within the Department of Organization. • Copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level.
- Brief curriculum vitae (CV).
- A list of papers and publications.
- One copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
- Documentation for English language skills if English is not mother tongue.
- The Recruitment Committee expects to shortlist at least five applicants to be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
- Applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment. Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.• Please find guidelines and further information on scholarships and the Doctoral Programme at http://uk.cbs.dk/phd.
- The application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
- Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.• Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
- The envisaged starting date of the position is October 1, 2021.
- Closing date: June 10, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.