Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Center on Conflict and Development (ConDev) Student Media Grants Program 2020 (Up to $5,000). The full application details for the Center on Conflict and Development (ConDev) Student Media Grants Program can be accessed below.
Center on Conflict and Development (ConDev) Student Media Grants Program
Applications are open for the Center on Conflict and Development (ConDev) Student Media Grants Program 2020. ConDev’s Student Media Grants are awarded to current students interested in capturing conflict-related issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of Latin America through stunning photography and/or videography. This photojournalism grant is funded by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation Chair on Conflict and Development.
Students should submit proposals that will describe their expected travel, research and photographic subjects. They should choose an international development area that reflects issues of food insecurity, health, education, land tenure, poverty, or other issues facing people in fragile and conflict-affected nations in Latin America.
During their experience, students will be required to accomplish the following:
- Show three-month engagement (minimum) with international development issues through extension activities, internships, student research, etc.
- Write a series of blog postings for the ConDev Blog during their experience and a final report or blog
- Document their chosen subjects through photo and/or video journalism that draws attention to conflict and development issues
- Publish or exhibit the results of their work in a form of refereed media
- A grant up to $5,000 is awarded to the selected student
- Open to university students worldwide (undergraduate, graduate or PhD) wishing to conduct photojournalism projects in Latin America. Proposals for other areas of the world will not be considered.
- No more than four (8.5”×11”) pages (not including cover page)
- 12 point, Times New Roman font
- 1″ margins; please submit as a Microsoft Word document
Students should submit proposals that describe their anticipated travel, subjects, and plans for photostory production, refinement and promotion as specifically as possible.
Proposals must include the following components:
- Cover Sheet
- Thematic Focus (1/2 page)
- Statement of Motivation (1/2 page)
- Media Experience (1/2 page)
- Timeline (1/2 page)
- Narrative of Planned Activities (1 page)
- Plan for Submission of Work and Plan for Promotion (1/2 page)
- Budget (1/2 page)
Proposals should be submitted as a Microsoft Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Student Media Grant: [Name of Student]” as the subject line, with any samples attached. Only one proposal can be submitted per student.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.