Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Commonwealth100 Fully-funded Online Leadership Programme. The full application details for the Commonwealth100 Fully-funded Online Leadership Programme can be accessed below.
Commonwealth100 Fully-funded Online Leadership Programme
Applications are invited for the Commonwealth100 Online Leadership Course. Commonwealth100 is a new, free, crowd-sourced, experiential, online leadership development programme that aims to equip a new generation of young leaders from the Commonwealth with skills relevant to the 21st century, with the Open Source Leadership model.
Open Source Leadership was crowdsourced from and co-created by 1000 young leaders across the Commonwealth in 2017 and identifies five key areas of development crucial for 21st-century leadership. Open Source Leaders are: Awake, Interconnected, Trustworthy, Quick, and Accessible.
Commonwealth100 programme outcomes include:
- A new generation of young leaders to come through who have the commitment and ability to bridge divides
- Stronger links across regions, backgrounds and generations (through our webinars and alumni offerings), which help them to work better together
- A broader base of leadership in Commonwealth cities and countries
- Framing a fresh, bold, principled, networked Commonwealth of the future
- Using an interactive platform, you will work with a diverse group of young leaders from across the Commonwealth to explore Open Source Leadership: a new leadership model co-created with over 1,000 young Commonwealth leaders.
- This is your opportunity to gain practical skills for the future, reflect upon your own leadership style, and move forward with a new perspective on how to make the most positive impact.
- The course is also an opportunity to connect with and have meaningful discussions with diverse peers from around the world.
- If you complete the course you can join the Common Purpose Alumni group on LinkedIn, a valuable opportunity to network with our wide network of leaders from around the globe.
- As well, everyone who completes Commonwealth100 receives the Open Source Leadership Badge: an online badge you can use to set yourself apart, as a 21st Century leader. You can put the badge on your CV and online profiles.
- Commonwealth100 is open to young people aged 18+ from across the Commonwealth
- You may be at the beginning of your career or in Higher or Further Education
Though the course originally ran in three-week-long cohorts, starting in 2019 it will run in seven-week-long cohorts. It takes between three to six hours to complete the course, which can be done flexibly over the cohort period. Upcoming course dates are:
- 6 September – 25 October 2019
- 1 November – 27 December 2019
- 3 January – 21 February 2020
- 6 March – 24 April 2020
This will continue to run on a similar pattern through 2020.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.